PLA Micro Kwad
I love my blade inductrix, pushing the limits of my flying skills enviably means that I end up breaking a lot of frames... And awhile ago inductrix frames were reasonably cheap, but now they are nearly £8 + P&P. So, I got to thinking wouldn't be great if I could print a frame whenever I needed one, in whatever colour I felt like...
This design does, therefore, provides a temporary solution for those weekends when you break your frame, you have no spares, & the shops are closed. Now you can print your own frame until you can order a new one. And more importantly, it keeps you flying whilst waiting for your new frame to arrive...
The design has taken a few weeks to perfect, and I still have a little work to do, to make it a little lighter... But the good news is I know have a fully flying Micro Kwad that I can print in any colour I choose from Rigid.ink great range, in either ABS, PLA, or PLA+ for about a £1, including; frame, & camera, battery, motor mounts. I am now using TPU for the camera mount, and motor mounts too...
Flight times - Well, I'm getting a good 3 min flight time, and plenty of power, with an all up weight of the parts (without the motors, camera or FC); PLA Micro Kwad @ 8g, compared to the: Ragg-E @ 7g, Lynx Heli @ 6g, Inductrix Frame @ 5g...
So, in summary, this design allows you to print your own frame in 1 hour & 15 mins for a £1! How cool is that? The range of colours from Rigid allows you to really personalise your model to suit your personality or mood;-)
I would like to say a big thank you to Cemal Kucuk AKA DroneJunkie for all his help and good advice whilst designing this frame and especially the remix of his motor cap design. Go & visit http://www.dronejunkie.co.uk for all the latest aftermarket parts for your Micro Kwad.
I hope you have as much fun with this design as I have had designing it!
And as always I would really appreciate your thoughts, comments and feedback...
Please Enjoy! And please post pictures of your builds too...
The kit I used
- Micro AIO Camera 5.8G 25mW https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK9KX1Z/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AP0ABZZM4QKJV&psc=1
- NewBeeDrone - BeeBrain v.1 - Micro Brushed Flight Controller - http://www.dronejunkie.co.uk/shop/the-beebrain-v1-2-from-newbeedrone/
- NewBeeDrone -BDR Gold edition brushed 6mm motor - https://newbeedrone.com/collections/beeductrix-inductrix/products/bee-dynamic-rotor-gold-edition-6x15mm-brushed-motor-set
- CL-0615-17 MMW Coreless Brushed motor x4 (Reds) - http://www.dronejunkie.co.uk/shop/cl-0615-17-mmw-coreless-brushed-motor-x4-red-edition/
- NewBeeDrone - NitroNectar Power - Nitro Nectar 250mAh HV LiPo Battery - https://newbeedrone.com/collections/lipobatteries/products/newbeedrone-high-voltage-nitro-nectar-210-30-60c-mah-battery
- Mylipo 240mAh 4.35V HV 25C / 50C mcpX (PW) - http://www.dronejunkie.co.uk/shop/mylipo-240mah-4-35v-hv-25c-50c-mcpx-pw/
- PLA, or PLA+ from Rigid Ink https://rigid.ink/products/flexible-pla-1-75-mm-0-03-mm-tolerance-filament?variant=34085486279
- 14 x M1.2 mm 3mm PANS Head Screw Silver - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M1CI4PA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Blade Inductrix frames £7.55 + P&P - https://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/Blade-Inductrix-Main-Frame.htm?SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=094BLH8706&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-ftdY8J0-_P3PCz6qQ4jjNpS39kilN2cnSsRdI6oqNYaAsJ68P8HAQ
- Ragg-E Micro FPV £19.99 + P&P - http://www.dronejunkie.co.uk/shop/ragg-e-whoop-frame-set/
- Lynx Heli Spider 65 FPV Racer $19.95 + P&P https://www.lynxheli.com/index.php?cPath=373_367_395&osCsid=64d41eeaa5639bca63fe8c1bfe030469
- Blade Inductrix the Orignal Micro Kwad -http://www.bladehelis.com/Inductrix/
- Cemal Kucuk AKA DroneJunkie - firstname.lastname@example.org - Motor Cap Design Inspiration! Cemal is a Micro Drone expert, and his shop supplies; aftermarket part, drones, spare & good advice and all round good guy!
- Microdure - https://www.facebook.com/Microdure/
- Tom Ashley - Ragg-E Micro FPV - http://www.ragg-e.co.uk/micro-quad-frames
- Lynx Heli Spider 65 FPV Racer - https://www.lynxheli.com/index.php?cPath=373_367_395&osCsid=64d41eeaa5639bca63fe8c1bfe030469
Please follow me...
Twitter - @heliboy
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DavidOwensuk
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8jFGkgTAqEUlK7dj1jhxw
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dowens234/
As always please; download, like and subscribe... Please feedback if you would like changes made to the design.
Once the parts are printed drill out all of the screw holes using a 1mm drill, and the motor holes with 6mm drill. It is always a good idea to trim or clean the rough edges off any model, especially a 3D printed one... When installing the motors into the frame you will feel a positive click when they reach the end stop. I will try and upload a build video in the next few days.
Designed with Fusion 360, printed using Simplify3D