Ultra Dry Spool Holders
Designed to hold moisture sensitive filaments, like PVA and Nylon.
- 3 Version available, Narrow, Standard and Wide:
- Narrow can hold spools from 140 to 210mm outside diameter and width up to 40mm;
- Standard can hold spools from 140 to 210mm outside diameter and width up to 70mm;
- Wide can hold spools from 140 to 210mm outside diameter and width up to 100mm;
- Ball bearing design;
- Largest printable part only 125 x 125 x 128mm;
- Can handle heavy spools (3.5kg, 5kg);
- Clear windows to check and measure remaining filament;
- Blue silica holder with inspection window;
- All parts designed to be printed without supports;
- Included detailed assembly instructions;
(project #300417 - G.Calin - email@example.com - May/2017)
For the Cover and Base parts (largest parts in PLA)
- Use large brim (20mm or so) to minimize warping
- Use at least 3 shell and top/bottom layers
- Use 35% infill
- 0.2mm layer works well
For Hinges and other small parts (in ABS)
- High density infill (30~50%) is recommended
- Use at least 2 shell and top/bottom layers
- 0.1mm layer gives a nice finish
Update - Base and Cover for large bed printers
For those with large bed printer (250x250mm), the base and cover are now available in a single piece:
PAR300417-103_104-[version] - Base AB (ALTERNATE 3D Print x1).STL
PAR300417-105_106-[version] - Cover AB (ALTERNATE 3D Print x1).STL
These parts do not have the mounting pillars and can be printed in a single run, making assembly faster and easier.
Update - Alternative roller and minor fixes
An additional roller is available:
PAR300417-024-[version] - Conic support roll BODY (3D Print x4).STL
PAR300417-025-[version] - Conic support roll PIN (3D Print x2).STL
The design of this roller was based on the idea and step files kindly provided by ElmoC.
A small change was made in PAR300417-003 and PAR300417-005 (Base A and Cover A), where the cut out of the nuts was reduced from 7 to 6mm to make mounting easier.
Since there are 3 different models and each one has a good number of .STL files, I decided to create .ZIP files to better organize them. Just download the .ZIP and instructions .PDF and you are ready to go!