This is a customizable stand for your Apple devices - iPhone, Apple Watch, and Airpods. The default model should work well for stock Apple lightning cables and iPhone 6/7 models with no case or a thin case. You can use the customizer to adjust the settings to be perfect for different cases, cables, and phone models.
Here are some of the settings you can customize:
- Exact cable hole dimensions
- Exact phone positioning
- Add a cutout behind the phone charger for cases with a charging port cover
- Model without Airpods holder, or Airpods holder only
Steps to make your very own stand:
- Use the customizer to pick your settings
- Use the phone tester and cable tester to test the fit of your cables and positioning of your phone. You can also use the puck tester to test the fit of your Apple Watch charging puck, though this shouldn't be required
- Print the model you want
- If cable fit is not tight, glue the cables in place. I prefer glue over friction fit, I used hot glue to hold the cables perfectly in place
- If you like, add some sticky material to the base. I used 3M adhesive strips to secure in place
The main body design is based on the following thing:
I liked this design a lot, however it didn't work for me due to my favorite Anker Powerline cables which are larger, and some difficulty assembling the base.
Love this thing? Have some feedback? Feature request? Doesn't work for you? I want to hear about it!