Low friction spool holder
by sneakypoo, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A replacement spoolholder for the UM2 (or other printers if you create a different mount) which offers very little resistance when unspooling.
Update: Added parts for 608 bearings and associated hardware.
In addition to the printed parts you will need:
- 2x 626 bearings (cheap on Ebay)
- 1x 6mm threaded rod, 95+mm long (better to cut after assembling to make sure)
- 3x M6 nuts
OR for the "608" parts:
- 2x 608 bearings
- 1x 8mm threaded rod, 95+mm long (better to cut after assembling to make sure)
- 3x M8 nuts
Please note that I haven't printed and tested the 608 parts as I don't have the hardware for those at the moment.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Low friction spool holder by sneakypoo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sneakypoo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sneakypoo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).