I had destroyed a "Gripper" on my BD Workmate and decided to make a replacement. I ended up with two versions, one almost identical to the original and a second one with some reinforcements.
1-2-15 I loaded my repaired version as someone reported an issue.
Apr-4-17 Uploaded a double checked (repair) version with MM in the name. All models are saved in MM.
11-17-17 uploaded a redesigned version from Spaceclaim with smoother sides and some additional fillets. Latest file is BD Workmate Benchdog 11-17-17
2-5-18 while the old version from 2017 works fine, I decided to make it stronger by adding some 45 degree fillets to the internal right angles and under and behind the side wings.
Print this with 50% fill, wall thickness of two, with a raft and support, I set my bed temp on my Replicator to 110 degrees. You should print it in a horizontal position. The first time I printed it, I positioned it vertical to ensure the top looked nice. The part came out great but with a single wall layer and 25% fill and the layers running horizontal, it was not strong enough when inserted into the workmate. One of the "forks" cracked between layers right where it started. I then changed the fill to 50% and set wall layers to 2 and printed it on its back (horizontal). This did the trick and the part inserts and removes fine and holds up under pressure. I also did a second design with a fillet fill on the inside of where the forks emerge from the cylinder to add extra strength. I am uploading the Sketchup files and STL along with photos of the OEM part and my part.
2-8-19 printing one in ABS with 50% fill on an Ultimaker S5. I will add photos later. Printing both versions in PET G on Prusas.