Slic3r G-code snippets for FlashForge Creator Pro
by DrLex, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
These are the G-code snippets that belong with my Slic3r profiles for the FlashForge Creator Pro. Although I think the G-code is quite mature now, it is possible I will update it separately from the rest of the profile. Therefore use the ‘Watch’ button to stay notified of updates.
If you see that only this G-code was updated. you can copy-paste the updated snippets into the printer settings section of Slic3r, as explained in my article.
This code has the following features:
- Z homing with the same speed as plate levelling procedure
- Reliable tool change when printing with left extruder
- Only heat nozzles to 140°C while waiting for the bed to heat, and then continue heating, to avoid baking filament inside the extruders when the bed needs a long time to heat
- Before printing the priming line, chop off ooze on front edge
- Extrude a line across the front of the bed to prime the nozzle
- Do an extra wipe on the extruded line
- No dubious fiddling with stepper VRefs
- Work around typical extruder lag when the actual print starts
It is probably easy to adapt this code for other slicers like Simplify3D, if you know how to substitute the parameter names.
(Again, I attached an STL file just because Thingiverse only allows Things with some kind of 3D model.)
Tweaked start G-code: wait slightly farther away from the front edge to reduce risk of ooze not being properly chopped; improve sideways chop and add another final move for another small wipe across the extruded line; set all speeds to sensible values (although some are simply overridden by firmware limits anyway).
No longer disable Z stepper in start G-code, because this could cause the platform to drop if the Z axis is very well lubricated (it could also introduce a small error due to microstepping being interrupted). Also slightly reorder options summary to better group items that I care the most about.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Slic3r G-code snippets for FlashForge Creator Pro by DrLex is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DrLex a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DrLex would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).