Extruder Calibration (Part Fitting) Test
by jonnieZG, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A simple test for parts fitting. If the printer is properly set, the two parts should perfectly click together, like two Lego blocks.
You should repeat prints while adjusting Extrusion Multiplier or Filament Flow Live Tuning (depending on your software and printer), until the two parts snugly fit together. The XY Size Compensation should not be used if extrusion is properly set!
The process should be done for each new roll of filament.
Unlike the original object, this one has a lower base to increase printing speed and a groove on the top of both parts to mark the proper orientation.
- Print the objects. Wait until it cools down before removing from the print-bed.
- Try to plug one object into the other. Be careful, the orientation does matter!
a) If the objects can't fit, lower the Extrusion Multiplier or Flow and repeat.
b) If the objects fit too loosely, increase the Extrusion Multiplier or Flow and repeat.
c) If the two fit snugly (you can easily snap them together, and disconnect without breaking your nails), you're fine - the calibration is done!
- Start with EM value of 1.0. Slice and print the two parts.
- If the parts can not fit, decrease to 0.9.
- If they still can not fit, decrease to 0.8.
- Now your parts are too loose. Now use 0.85 (which is half the way between 0.8 and 0.9)
- If the fit is still too loose, use value 0.875 (which is half the way between 0.85 and 0.9)
- If the fit is now too tight, use value 0.863 (which is half the way between 0.85 and 0.875)
- This value should be fine. It should be enough to round EM value to 3 decimals.
- Added a groove on the top of both parts, in order to identify correct orientation.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Extruder Calibration (Part Fitting) Test by jonnieZG is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jonnieZG a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jonnieZG would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).