Customizable Lamp Shade
by mightynozzle, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Let me introduce the highly customizable lamp shade. After serveral days of programming and tests, you are able to create countless different lamp shades.
- You can create a cone, cylinder, cube, sphere, pyramid, star, flower and a dodecahedron shape. These are only the shapes I could find, but there are much more shapes to discover.
- You can customize different sizes and the hole for the bulb bracket.
- You can create a lamp shade as a ceiling lamp or a desk lamp or for a different purpose like a nice bowl or a vase.
- You can view some examples in the pictures above.
You can use the Thingiverse Customizer or OpenSCAD to create your lamp shade. If you need a more detailed preview of the lamp shade, I recommend you using OpenSCAD. The Scad-File is well documented to using it in OpenSCAD.
The light blue lamp socket, that I'm using together with this lamp shade is this silicone one with a long sleeved cable (picture 1 and 2). It is available in different colors: https://goo.gl/4Lx9Ux
The diameter of the bracket is 42mm.
I recommend you to use LED light bulbs, otherwise the lamp shade could melt. For the setup in the picture, I use 3x 2W Osram filament bulbs. This equals in total a 75W bulb.
Please share your customized lamp shades to the community! I would love to see them!
How to support me?
Do you like my things and do you want to support me? You can use these links if you want to buy something. This helps me doing more things. Thanks!
1/2 of nozzle diameter. E.g. 0.2mm layer height with 0.4mm nozzle
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable Lamp Shade by mightynozzle is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mightynozzle a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mightynozzle would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).