I've been into 360 camera and drone for quite some time (Theta S & Mavic Pro), while they give interesting perspective to interact with the world...I wonder, what IF I strap the 360 camera onto the drone... The video taken should be sort of cool (Especially with a VR headset)!
With that in mind I 3D Printed a mount that clipped onto the Mavic Pro battery pack. The camera will be attached by a M4 camera screw.
You can check out the video effect on:
I've take a short clip with my Theta S attached onto it. Enjoy. (And forgive me for the crappy print quality)
The design is based on the DJI Mavic Pro Universal Support posted on the link:
- Requires M4 camera screw (the tripod screw)
- I made the hole with minimum clearance with the M4 screw. So when you screw it in it should be real hard. But will prevent the unit from shaking in flight (Especially for Theta S since it is a tall "rod")
- Should be good for GoPro with a correct adapter mount
- Support may be required for 3D printing
- The upward clearance sensor/compass seems to be interfered with the Theta S on-board
-Be sure you check for surroundings before flight
-Make sure you do it in daytime and monitor the on-board camera for Mavic's whereabout
- For the first flight it is advised you to do a low attitude test flight and get familiar with the control
- With additional weight onboard, it is advised you don't push the limit (battery/attitude, etc). Always check the location and status of the drone and maintain a good line of sight!
- Do it at your own risk :D! It is important you take care of your drone!