What it is
40mm extruder fan mounting assembly - that allows for easy access to internals of the extruder. This is magnetically attached using 8x 2.5mm x 1mm neodymium magnets.
This Thing is mounted on an Anet A8 - but I imagine that it would be compatible with quite a few other models using similar extruder.
What is the need
Ugh... the first time I tried to change filaments, I said to myself "Self, there has to be a better way". And there is. No more blindly trying to feed the filament into the nozzle tube to only have it never find its home. Feed it through with ease. Plus it just looks really cool.
- (8) 2.5mm x 1mm neodymium magnets (any rare earth magnets would be fine and actually you may want to go a little larger
- (4) M3 x 18mm screws (machine/wood screws work fine)
- Connect the two fan mount parts.
- (2) M3 x 30mm machine screws
- Connect extruder mount to the ... well... ummm... extruder.
- Hot glue
- Since you'll probably want to eventually remove this, hot glue the magnets in place. Especially important for the magnets that cover the M3 x 30mm machine screws mounting to the extruder.
I have a ton of extra magnets, feel free to reach out if you want me to send you some. I am sure we can work something out.