Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Custom View-Master Disc
by TheHeadlessSourceMan, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Create your own view-master compatible picture reels!
Say, like if you wanted a disc of your wedding photos or your kids at the park... or even your latest Blender 3D model.
You can customizer this thing for playing around, but generally speaking the generated files and the process below should give you everything you need.
Inspired by: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28391
Creating Your Own Disc
1) Print two of the "half_less_film" stl or cut two of the dxf in your paper cutter.
1) You can do the dxf and cut it manually with a hobby knife, so the only printer you really need is an inkjet for the photos!
2) If doing the dxf, you may want to print the captions on the cardstock first.
3) Caption is 90 degrees and above the photo-pair it refers to.
2) Create Photos
Images are a pair of pictures with the camera shifted horizontally 65mm (approx 2 9/16in) between shots.
You can do this with a physical camera, or a virtual camera within a 3D program.
3) Print Photos
Using the svg file in a program like inkscape, scale place all photo pairs in their correct slots.
Place them below the svg layer and the corners will be clipped nicely.
1) Photo pair is exactly 180 to one another, but oriented the SAME DIRECTION.
2) The bottom of each photo should be toward the nearest cog hole.
Print this on transparency film (I have not tested this) and cut around the outside edge with scissors or a hobby knife.
Glue transparent film wheel between the wheel halves, being careful not to get any on the viewing area.
(I'm guessing cyanoacrylate "super" glue will work.)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Custom View-Master Disc by TheHeadlessSourceMan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TheHeadlessSourceMan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TheHeadlessSourceMan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).