Etched honeycomb pattern for glass plate on heatbed for use with Japica Print2bot or Printrbot or any other printer with similar heatbed.
A pretty easy build and design. Maybe it will save you some time or if you do not have Illustrator / Inkscape knowledge.
You need to have access to a vinyl plotter to make this. I m if you take the file to any local sign making shop they would cut it out for you pretty cheap.
I the pattern is 9" x 9" to allow space on all sides to easily apply it.
1) Get vinyl cut
2) clean glass
3) apply vinyl to glass
4) using masking tape, mask off the back of the glass that you did not apply vinyl to, in order to protect it when you was the cream off.
4) apply a chemical glass etching cream to glass. I used Armour Etch. Can be found at most craft shops (hobbylobby)
5) follow directions on bottle. Thick coat, I left mine on for about 10-15 mins.
6) wash off cream and remove vinyl and masking tape.
7) clean with glass cleaner.
Makes the glass look cooler. I the other theory was that the etched area would help grab the plastic as its extruding to help it stick to the glass better. (have not been able to get this to work yet, but I just got my printer going and am still working out the bugs)
I have Illustrator, and from my experience any sign shop can work with these files.