TARDIS Raspberry PI 3 case
by Jason3030, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I am setting up a linux desktop for my Son using a raspberry pi 3, but I wanted a meaningful case for him....
Since my Son really loves Dr. Who, I modified this TARDIS to allow the mounting of a pi3 inside it. Holes had to be cut into the right side to allow hdmi out, and the windows in the rear had the window panes removed to allow USB cables to exit. There are also 4 circular holes in the rear to allow you to place (optional) nuts for the screws to screw into.
There are two files now:
"Tardis_PI3_case_1.stl", this is the original, as pictured in this thing. I have printed it and it works fine.
- Tardis_PI3_case_2_experimental.stl", this is the new version, the only change is that the side ports are enclosed around the top (power, hdmi, etc have no gaps around them anymore). This should make it look nicer.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
TARDIS Raspberry PI 3 case by Jason3030 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jason3030 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jason3030 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).