RepRap Prusa Mendel i2 (boxed)
0.4mm nozz. / 0,20-0,25mm layer
All plastic parts were printed from ABS.
Belts looks very useful from flex "RubberJet TPE32" - Plasty Mladec
You will need:
- 1 CD tray motor (usualy used for eject in PC CD/DVD drives)
- 18 "VHS Tape" screws, or similar size... (2.5 x 15mm)
- M3x40mm screw + M3 nut
- 3 belts (from tape recorder, walkman,...) or printed. 36, 52, 51-52 (depends on CD motor belt pulley size)
- Power source. I found USB-A male plug with easy voltage reduction as optimal solution (palm base has a hole for USB-A: 8x16mm) 5V USB Adapter / powerbank can be used.
CD motor is running from 1.2 to 2.6V (about 30-90mA). In a palm trunk is a space for few 3-4 diodes to reduce USB voltage. I'm not proud of this solution, but switched DC-DC converter for 30-90mA is a waste of money.
Main Wheel has two versions:
1) with VHS screw, but part with the birds is connected only with thin piece of plastic!
2) with M3 screw through axis & nut on the upper side (safe version)