This has been designed to house a Raspberry Pi Zero and Pi camera all in one package. No supports are required if you orientate everything correctly.
- The camhinge is a push fit into the campicase and my tolerances were such that I didn't need to glue it.
- The Pi camera is installed in the camcase and the camcaselid clips on the back securing it.
- The Pi camera cable (for the Zero) passes though the camhinge into the campicase and is inserted into the Pi Zero slot.
- The camcase is secured to the camhinge using a M3 25mm bolt and nut.
- The Pi Zero is secured into the case with M2.5 5mm screws.
- The campicaselid clips on to the campicase.
I set up my Pi with Raspbian and Motion Eye to provide streaming. These are the steps I took to get Motion Eye running on the zero:
This results in a fully configurable security camera with motion detection, local/remote storage of images captured, email notifications of movement etc.