Pi Zero security camera
by T_Hambush, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This has been designed to house a Raspberry Pi Zero and Pi camera all in one package. No supports are required if you orientate everything correctly.
- The camhinge is a push fit into the campicase and my tolerances were such that I didn't need to glue it.
- The Pi camera is installed in the camcase and the camcaselid clips on the back securing it.
- The Pi camera cable (for the Zero) passes though the camhinge into the campicase and is inserted into the Pi Zero slot.
- The camcase is secured to the camhinge using a M3 25mm bolt and nut.
- The Pi Zero is secured into the case with M2.5 5mm screws.
- The campicaselid clips on to the campicase.
I set up my Pi with Raspbian and Motion Eye to provide streaming. These are the steps I took to get Motion Eye running on the zero:
This results in a fully configurable security camera with motion detection, local/remote storage of images captured, email notifications of movement etc.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Pi Zero security camera by T_Hambush is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving T_Hambush a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure T_Hambush would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).