Inspired on the PhantomX I wanted to turn Chip into something else, adding a bunch of new functionalities to the robot.
To simplify a little bit, I went with the quadruped robot idea, so I got more inspiration from the allbot robot, another free design on thingiverse.
I had to modify the servo mount to fit MG90S servos, that are metal geared servos, to allow the extra load that my chip-e would have.
The original design only fits small plastic gear servos.
I added holes to the side and top of the chip, making possible to increase the number of modification using the allbot platform, it is possible to create arms, different types of legs, etc...
I also changed the original chip design to allow easier assembly, no more screws are needed to the top part, they all fit together with small 3d printed tabs.
I changed the lcd to the mouth to add a little bit of more realistic robot look.
Everything can be printed without support.
Key new functionalities are:
- Custom remote controller with two lcd's
- Right eye of CHIP stream video in real time to the bigger lcd
- Small lcd get information back from the robot, can alert battery status, sensor informations, etc
- Capability to play wav audio files using Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board
- High power 3W RGB led on the right eye (Pixie)
- Laser aimed Custom nerf cannon powered by a high pressure co2 cartridge, handled by a solenoid valve.
- Total of 16 servos to allow movements of the legs, neck, and cannon.
Firmware is also opensource: