Low Profile Adjustable Belt Tightener
by owen, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Adjustable belt tension with a screw. Low profile, suitable for Ultimaker etc.
Update: These won't fit on the 'Y' belts on newer UM's.
See Notes and Picture in the comments below.
Main picture here shows a clamp on the 'Y' belt of an older UM.
Parts required per belt
4 - M2.5 X 8mm small head screws. - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300521403792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
1 - M2.5 X 30+mm screw. (35mm used here) - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370568422906?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
5 - M2.5 thin nuts - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120894813183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
- Print 2 X Nut Side and 2 X Screw Side clamps for each belt (in there current orientation) and clean out with a 2.5 mm drill.
- Work out where the outside pair will clamp to the belt and move the spot to the centre.
- Twist the belt to assist in putting the clamp on.
- Push through the adjusting screw all the way through the bottom clamp.
- Place the other bottom clamp on the adjusting screw.
- Put the nut on the adjusting screw a few turns and slide the free clamp up against it.
- Clamp the top clamp onto the bottom clamp.
- Tighten the adjusting screw and twist the clamps so they are horizontal.
- Test tightness and adjust.
Over tightening makes it harder to move the extruder so test it still moves freely after tightening.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Low Profile Adjustable Belt Tightener by owen is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving owen a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure owen would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).