Making some changes to the X carriage so that 3mm nuts can be used instead of brass inserts. I found the inserts were a little close to the side wall and messed up my bearing alignment.
If the bearing were in stalled before the inserts then there will be no problem but i decided to make the change anyway.
if you like this you might also like the YX carriages no brass inserts version also: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2469902
7.15.2017 Revision 1 & 2. These semi tested
Rev1. removes brass inserts from the sides and allow M3 lock nuts.
Rev2. removed all brass inserts. The remaining holes use regular M3 nuts, not lock nuts
Added radius to the edge to make the bearing a little easier to insert.
I have printed Rev.2 and tested 1 side with screws and nuts and it seems to work.
A few tweaks I want to make are making screw slots radius'd instead of square to add a little strength in the area the nut pulls on. Its probably fine as is but ill make the change after work. My print lifted off the heat bed at the edges so I need to print again.
I found an issue on rev 2 where the nut for the middle screw hits the optical sensors. I will remove those for now so that you have a carriage that only needs 2 inserts in the center screws instead of 10. ill try to think of a way to get around those last 2 if possible.
In the mean time the rev. 2 here will be usable but need 2 inserts, and if i fix the center hole issue it will be in a rev 3.
Rev 3 added. All brass inserts removed. I am printing a test part now. I think it will work ok. Printed but had to run to work. Will look at it after work.
Found some areas I wanted to reinforce relating to the center screws. tightened up outer holes to 3.5mm, they were at 5.
REV. 4 There just was not enough room to make the center nut work like I wanted so I made some changes. I need to print test the new one.
It may be and probably is the cad software causing this but it appears the carriage is not exactly a mirror image of itself on each side and so i made two different clamps, one has a half moon. Line that up with the half moon on the carriage. Hopefully i can print this today to test
Added a no inserts remix of Jcen517 hot end carriage.
Need to work on the duct possibly. Henri says it might be too long.
In case you have X rods that are a little to short like mine, it might help to put shims in the x axis clamp end caps to take up about 10mm of slop.
8.8.17 X carriage clamp with teeth if your hotend is loose
Added a nice retainer for the hot end. the stock one was too loose for my chinese e3d hot end. I tightened it up plus added a jam screw. I also added a feature i am working on for wire management using 1/4 clear flexible tubing.
8.22.17 Added a file that is a little clip to to go on the back of the x carriage to hold the ends of the belt out of the way so they don't jam in a pulley or so they dont have to be cut short. Seems to work ok.
added henris awesome simplify 3d table.
I wanted to add the word front to the table but tinkercade didnt like it and henri made it in fusion 360 so maybe ill try in another app.
you can find here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2305218/#files