For the latest jet engine for passenger planes, the Bypass Ratio is bigger and bigger to improve the engine-performance.
In order for one of them, the 3-spool system is developed. The 3D model for explaining this system was designed and made.
The points of the design are;
- For the rotation of each spool, the ball bearing method and the dummy bearing method are prepared.
All stator vanes are omitted this time, because of avoiding rub of vanes and blades. And each rotor is designed with support so that it can be printed as one-piece.
The blade angle is made to agree in the spool rotational direction (View from Rear).
- HP Spool: Clockwise
- IP Spool: Counter Clockwise
- LP Spool: Counter Clockwise
- In addition, some parts that printing is considered difficult without support, are prepared STL file with support. The last of two digits of the file name is identified as "ws". In order to ease understanding about the contents of each part and the assembly order, parts breakdown and list are prepared.
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files
-images: Parts Breakdown for assembly Aid
-Excel File: Parts List
Purchase Parts Information;
-Bearings (Can be used Dummy BRGs instead of the followings, See Parts List)
DDL-1370ZZ (7 x 13 x 4) 2ea - For IP-Spool
689ZZ (9 x 17 x 5) 2ea - For HP-Spool
6900ZZ (10 x 22 x 6) 2ea - For LP-Spool
See Parts List
Micro screws M1.4x3L - Appox. 50 ea - Direct screw-in to 1 mm dia hole (No nut),
Screws M2 x 6L - 6 ea, See Parts List
- Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening, Painting and Gluing etc) is needed and perseverance too.
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 42HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted.
Optional Fan; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2794855 - 2018.2.15
Modified Rotor; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2833968 - 2018.3.21