Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
FPV tricopter, foldable
by P4man, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
- Integrated Omnimac vibration damper. Download the appropriate top plate for your controller (multiwii and KK boards should fit). If you need a top frame with a different controller layout, like APM or whatever, post in the comment section and I will upload one.
- Vibration dampeners can be bought on hobbyking and the usual places, or you can to print them yourself in soft PLA. I added a printable design.
- Added middle decks for both 12mm and 12.5mm booms.
- Fixed many "manifold" issues causing issues with Slic3r.
- uploaded new camera house thats >50% lighter than Mochaboy's original, but it will not take a rear cover
- Redesigned plates with smoother corners.
Update V0.3 b
- Increased thickness of middle plates to strengthen it. You can print it with ~15-20% infill and at least 1mm top/bottom thickness to achieve a fair compromise between strength and weight.
- Added some pads for easier printing with ABS
- slightly changed supports to save some weight
- integrated Mochaboy's swivel camera housing
- Changed middle deck support to ensure the arms can fold also when wired. Removed some support that wasnt needed.
- increased spacing of lower deck
- various smaller modifications.
This is work in progress. I wanted a printable tricopter frame that would be:
- accommodate both FPV and gopro/mobius cams
- mount ESCs internally rather than on the arms
- have enough space for some extra stuff like OSD, GPS, ubec etc
- light and stiff as possible
Three decks gives you more room but also helps making the frame stiffer without adding a lot of weight.
The camera mount is for a standard 38mm FPV cam.
The middle frame has some large holes cut so you can pass wires from the arms to the ESCs on the lower deck, without preventing you from folding the arms back.
To build this you need:
- 12mm square booms, either wood or carbon fiber.
- 6x M3 50 bolts and nuts
for the yaw mechanism:
- 3.8-4mm carbon rod
- 2x 4mm thrust bearings
- lock ring
optional but recommended
- 2x 4mm regular bearings
- Courage, since this is completely untested.
I print my frame plates with 1mm top and bottom, and 15% infill.
For now, get your battery/gopro tray, vibration dampers and landing gear from some of the other tricopter designs. I will add those later. If you search here for "ycopter" you will find some useful components.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
FPV tricopter, foldable by P4man is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving P4man a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure P4man would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).