Throw-away slick wheel for RC car (Traxxas E-Revo 1:16 but adaptable)
by garlopf, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Traxxas E-Revo 1:16 slicks
EDIT: I made a blog post about this. you can find it here: http://blog.octomy.org/2017/07/creality-cr10-cura-settings.html
Original design: Lennart Rolland.
For project: OctoMY™ (http://octomy.org).
Description: This is the first of a series of experimental designs for 3D printed wheels for Traxxas E-Revo 1:16 RC car. It is designed to be easily adaptible to other RC cars.
Please note: This is a prototype design that has already been superseeded by better ideas.
- It fit the wheel mount of the car on first try!
- The low mass made it really accellerate fast.
- The slick design was fun to drive.
- The spokes worked really well.
- The outer wall thickness ("tire surface") was too thin and running over gravel poked holes in it on the first run.
- The hex part of the mounting hole was to shallow. Will add more depth in the next iteration
- The thickness of the wall in the hex part of the mounting hole felt too thin, and will be increased by 2mm in the next iteration
Overal: Albeit the obvious room for improvement I am still quite happy with the result!
Standard disclaimer: This work is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. The original author assumes no responsibility for any adverse effects that may arrise from this work.
Copyright / license: I hereby place this work into the public domain, though if you want to show appreciation and you have robot parts to spare, please consider donating them to the OctoMY™ project http://www.octomy.org/contribute/donation ).
Please see cura settings in attached file
How I Designed This
I used OpenSCAD
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Throw-away slick wheel for RC car (Traxxas E-Revo 1:16 but adaptable) by garlopf is licensed under the Creative Commons - Public Domain Dedication license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving garlopf a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure garlopf would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).