This is another fishing Lure I'm working on... this one is a Rattle Trap Lip Less type lure.
I've only tested it with my ultralight pole so far and it was a tad bit erratic. I think it might need a little more weight up front to get the balance right so I made the front area much larger and I moved the tie on point farther back a bit since these picture were taken so I need to make a new one and then test it again with a full sized (stiffer) pole to be sure.
I used #6 Treble Hooks and #2 Split Rings on these.
7-26-17 = STL's Updated... The sweet spot for balance seems to be 22 BB's in the front section and 8 in the rattle section.
7-27-17 = Tested the new version this morning and it seems to swim great now with the new weight (BB) counts and placement.
If you have any questions or problems with the files or fitment of the parts just let me know and I will try to fix them.
Enjoy.... and post some makes if you use these it lets me know I'm not wasting my time uploading my designs and if you like what you see check out more of my lures at https://www.theneverendingprojectslist.com/
The location alignment pins (red) are just pieces of 1.75 filament. The attachment points where tacked (glued) in place and the wieghts (bb's) are also glued in the front to make assembaly easier. I use 22 BB's in the front section and 8 in the Rattle section for proper balance, but you can experiment with different counts or weights if you want. I give the lure a tap on a hard surface after gluing to make sure the BB's in the reattle section are free to move around.
I used a generous amount of CA (super glue) along the seems to try and seal everything up better so the rattles don't get water logged.
I quick rough sand and it was ready for paint.
This one was sprayed with a chrome (silver realy) spray paint and then hand painted.... some glitter in the expoy sealer really added some shine to it. (although it's hard to photograph)