This is a replica Revi 16b gunsight used during WW2 by the Luftwaffe. Includes optional mount for use as a digital speedometer HUD using an inexpensive GPS unit. Never install/place this in any vehicle without first consulting with your local law enforcement (as I did).
Forward glass lever/detents, dimmer switch, and rear access hinged door all have capability for articulation as originally intended. Instructions are included.
Aircraft which used this model were:
Dornier Do 335, Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A and D, Ta 152, Heinkel He 162,
Messerschmitt Bf 109 F, G and K, Me 163 and Me 262.
.3mf Cura file is attached which includes all of the settings used to print this model on my Anet A8.
I prefer doing a lot of sanding and filing afterwards. You may want to optimize the defaults further.
Additional Optional Hardware:
-1/4" thick plexiglass or equivalent. Model comes with printable templates for measuring and cutting.
Simply scribe the plexiglass using templates, cut with hacksaw, and file with large mill file.
Forward glass requires tinting. Had little luck with Rit dye. Any recommendations would be
-#6-32 nylon pan head screws: I found these came really close and were easy on the
-Optical glass lenses: I didn't order one for my project, but various sizes may be ordered on amazon for a decent price.
-Glass retainers may be used as templates to make retainers out of steel sheet.
GPS Speedometer Attachment:
Forward glass lever will slide up and down but one must file down the faux ball catches and arms for better action. I hope to upgrade the model someday to alleviate the interference. Additional holes will need to be measured and drilled in a few areas where it would have been structurally prohibitive to include during the print.
All can be printed (as shown in image) at once on an Anet A8, but I would recommend printing parts individually for better quality prints. For reference, the main body (without attachments) should be scaled to a width of 66mm when printed/done.
I painted the main parts with a base coat of Tamiya Aluminum spray. Then painted over with Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black acrylic paint and scuffed wear & tear using scotch brite.
Modeled and dimensioned in Blender using original Revi 16b drawing.
Sliced in Cura and printed on Anet A8.