This is a flat side Crankbait type lure. I found a simple pattern online for making them out of wood and decided to duplicate it in CAD for 3D printing.
There are two versions of this one... the first one I printed looked awful skinny so I made a slightly thicker version too.
The skinny one works great although it required a bit of tuning to get it to swim straight but after getting it tuned it swims great and has a decent action to it. It does require a faster retrieve almost like a rattle trap.
The thicker version seems to swim a little better than the thin one.
I used #4 Treble Hooks and #3 Split Rings on these.
If you have any questions or problems with the files or fitment of the parts just let me know and I will try to fix them.
Remember to tip your
waiters designers if you like the service.... thanks for looking
Enjoy.... and post some makes if you use these it lets me know I'm not wasting my time uploading my designs and if you like what you see check out more of my lures at https://www.theneverendingprojectslist.com/
I've started using actual .040" Stainless Steel Lure Wire from Lurepartsonline.com for all my lures as it is much stiffer and will help keep the lure tuned better.
For this lure I am using preformed 8" Looped End Wire Shafts and bending the rest to shape with looping pliers. You can print the lip or use it as a pattern to cut it out of Plexiglass.
This is what the final bent wire looks like. I am also using 6 BB's for weight and three small pieces of filament for alignment pins.
After glueing the two halfs together the lip is also then glued in place. Using care to make sure it is lined up centered with the front loop.
I don't normally get this crazy.... but this time I covered the entire lure with spot glazing putty....
.... then sanded everything smooth with 200 grit sand paper.
I then sprayed the lure with Filler Primer and sanded it with 400 grit sandpaper.
A quick top coat of white primer and it's ready for a paint scheme.
Painted this one in a shad pattern with pearl paints. It looks a lot better in the sun light than here. I used #4 Treble Hooks and #3 Split Rings on these.