DIY Four in a row - Laser cut edition
by RikvdReijen, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I wanted to make a nice board game that was compact so I could easily take it on holiday. I haven't cut it yet so you can be the first ;) . I hope you guys enjoy it and have fun making!
- Easy to scale/size the model due to the use of equations.
- Compact design
- No conversion of 2D drawings to ai files needed for the standard versions.
- Can be made in lot's of materials
The models also includes a bill of materials that shows all the tools and wood you need for building this four in a row.
Scaling can be done in two ways. You can scale the model in adobe Illustrator (or Inkscape). Another way of scaling the model is to edit the equations text file. There will be a variable named scale there. When you decide to do this you will need to make a new drawing a good tutorial for that is found here. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrGLonrpt8&t=191s
- Please be aware that there needs to be a bit room between the dividers and the discs so they can slide in easily. You could make the discs a bit smaller with the grinder or add some oil to make the discs go in smoother.
- I, unfortunately, can't upload folders to Thingiverse so I had to put it in a zip file. The file I have added is so that I can upload it.
Interested in buying one please contact me via the GrabCAD messenger or add a comment. I could also include a custom engraving into the model. The price depends on the size and shipping cost. Don't worry I won't charge much since I love to build stuff.
The original model
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
DIY Four in a row - Laser cut edition by RikvdReijen is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving RikvdReijen a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure RikvdReijen would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).