Check out the compact edition
1) Finally tested the e3d mount, updated bracket to mount flush against the plate to eliminate possible wiggle
1) Official E3D v6 mount and bracket developed in collaboration with ficador
1) Experimental E3D v6 mount and bracket
2) Fixed height bracket
1) Merged dual 30 here as they share most parts: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2641456
2) Reorganize files, remove old versions, new version starts at 10
1) Hotend mounts directly to carriage using original hardware
2) Choice of single 40mm or dual 30mm part cooler fan
3) 2 piece bracket for easy install, bracket holds both stock and Microswiss all metal hotends, separate bracket for E3D v6
4) Duct and fans can be removed without also removing the hotend
5) With fan and duct out of the way, thermistor and heater are easily accessible
1) Parts can be printed without supports, snap off supports already added to ducts
2) Fan case accommodates 12.5mm thick fans (Noctua 40x10), cut it in your slicer if you want 10mm or use appropriate washer. Same thing applies to the single 40mm duct.
3) Print ducts at 0.16 or higher resolution
4) PLA works fine, but more heat resistant filaments are better
CFM, RPM and static pressure usually are directly proportional.
For the 40mm, use a fan that's capable of delivering between 5 to 12 CFM.
For the dual 30mm, use 3 to 6 CFM each.
Note : using too high a CFM fan/s may result in "THERMAL RUNAWAY" error
1) Assemble hotend, bracket_end and bracket face, use 2 m3 12-16mm bolt, see picture as reference for correct bracket orientation
2) Mount assembly to x carriage using original bolt and lock washer
3) Assemble blower fan, fan grill/guard and duct, use 4 m3 18mm bolt to secure the fan and grill to the duct
4) Assemble front fan case, front fan and fan guard, insert 2 m3 30mm bolt through fan mounting holes, fan cables should stick out on top. Bolts at the upper-left and lower-right gives you low clearance from the bed, upper-right and lower-left high clearance, note that this depends on how the bracket was mounted
5) Mount assembled fan case through the assembled duct to the bracket.
6) Connect your wires
ABL Mounts :
See this make : https://www.thingiverse.com/make:399987
Thank you to Alex of Microswiss for sending out a sample of their all metal hotend