The idea behind this was to make and easy to build driven element for a 6m to 70cms Yagi (although it might be a bit big for a small 70cms beam) and incorporate a choke into the box. Now this might not be the best place for the choke but it is certainly neat
This project is primarily for a 7 element 6m portable contest antenna for the UKAC so I wanted to be able to put it all together as quickly as possible on site. The passive elements will clip into 10mm pipe clips on the supports. Very much like the 2m one that is on my blog. www.chopcat.co.uk if anyone is interested.
This is plan B of the prototype I have made and is shown in the photos. I made as separate elements and now have reduced the box to three bits. No longer needing the two brackets to clamp to the boom. After a short time trying to work out how to make my new R2 print now its touch screen has stopped working plan B is printed (in orange). This is the composite version of the box for a 30mm square boom.
Anyway I will update as I print more and fine tune with field tests.
Designed in sketchup and printed on an R2 in PLA so far.