Featured In These YouTube Videos:
Please know that i designed this gearbox for a demonstration model so that it would be easy for everyone to understand how a compound planetary works, for that reason i omitted the 3rd module that increases the torque capabilities.
Because of that, this gearbox cannot handle much load.
How This Works
- 100 Turns of the input sun gear will result in ring gear #2 making one full rotation.
These are designed to be able to mount them in series on the channel, or drive them with the included stepper motor mount. You will need to scale the channel longer if you want to use two gearboxes and the stepper motor mount on the same channel, but keep in mind it is very boring to watch the second gearbox rotate, as it is very slow.
- This gearbox can not be back-driven, every piece of plastic on it will snap before you get the input to turn.
- This gearbox is the the exact same form factor as my 1379:1 gearbox. The mounting channel and back cover are EXACTLY the same parts but keep in mind that the gears themselves are incompatible.
- The gear ratio of two of these in series is 10,000:1
Helix angle 20deg
Pressure Angle 25deg
Other Important Info:
- I Included the Fusion 360 Project with this, But the most recent version of this project can be downloaded in lots of different formats from this link: http://a360.co/2wadZdV
- Feel free to create your own modifications and parts for this project, and if you do, make sure you create a remix and upload them, I'll link to them and possible create a collection for all of them!
Show Your Work!
- Make a "make" and show everyone what you made! Everyone will thank you for it!