Adjustable Axis m1013 camera mount: Simpl3 Mount
by CertifiedNerd, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Version 3.4d is here! There are many improvements.
an instructional video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLpRXXYdv0
Please note this video was made with a prepackaged product in mind.
Adjustable "Axis" camera mount. The Axis camera is one of the webcams used in FRC. The mount that comes with the camera doesn't tighten enough so I designed and printed this for my team (3840).
****these instructions are for version 1****
For instructions on version 3.4d go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLpRXXYdv0
All vitamins can be purchased wholesale at Fastenall.
printed parts: 1x camera mount top
1x camera mount middle
1x camera mount bottom
vitamins: 4x flat head #6 mounting screws of your choice (depends on what you are mounting to)
2x #6 nut
1x #8 nut
1x #6 x 3/4" machine screw
1x #6 x 2.5" (3" will work to) Machine screw
1x #8 x 3/4" machine screw (I think #8 is what I used here but I just designed around what I had)
1) Drink Root Beer.
2) Print 1 of each file. "camera mount middle" and "camera mount bottom" both require support material. I would suggest the latest version of slic3r as you can use support on some parts but not others in the same job. MakerWare can probably do this too but I have never used MakerWare so I don't know. Use <=.3mm layer height.
3) Drink more ROOT Beer.
4) Remove support material
5) make a hole behind the base for the adjustment screw to go through
6) Mount base onto a surface with the flat top screws (don't forget to put the #6 nut in the trap on the bottom!)
7) Connect middle with top using the #6 x 2.5" screw
8) Connect middle/top assembly to base
9) Glue the camera into the mount (I would suggest hot glue)
10) DRINK MORE ROOT BEER (optional)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Adjustable Axis m1013 camera mount: Simpl3 Mount by CertifiedNerd is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CertifiedNerd a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CertifiedNerd would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).