This is my first major project to teach myself how to use TinkerCAD to draft and create my own designs. Perhaps a transformer is ambitious, but I had to have a good challenge.
Azimuth, according to the transformers wiki, was an original member of the Patterner movement, along with Perceptor (which is why he is pictured here with her for size comparison). Azimuth, after a series of fanfic events I wrote, lost her vehicle form in exchange for the ability to become a Spacebridge. She acts as the herald and defender of the titan Astrologia, one of the as-yet-unnamed 13 original titans that left Cybertron to settle the universe. Azimuth's titan master partner, Acies, allows her to manipulate and shape raw energon, like the omnicons in Transformers: Energon.
(Acies is not part of this project; she was constucted by replacing the face on a mostly-color-coordinated titan master with this face from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/F4GCXENJN/slipstream-earth-war-titans-return?optionId=61983229 )
As you can see from the .stl for the back and the one teaser image, Azimuth is just a part of a massive overall project that I am working on. Stay tuned for that project!
Azimuth is compatible with the current Titan's Return titan master figures, and the upcoming Power of the Primes prime master figures (she can hold two of the master-style figures in robot mode and one in her alt-modes). She is also compatible with the full armory from Skyblast in Transformers: Energon and the full armory of Signal Flare from Transformers: Energon with the optional adapter included in the files.
I used a lot of brim material on some of these pieces, because nothing irks me worse than failed prints, and I used supports on anything over 55 degrees with 25% infill on supports to get the nice rounded ball joints with less work.
Parts marked with the -R- designator need to have a reversed copy printed as well. All these parts are the right side (I believe; checked the best I could).
Parts marked with the -D- designator need to be printed in duplicate for both sides.
Parts with no designator just need to be printed once. All parts are at the optimal orientation for part strength in assembly and play and/or detail, which may conflict in some cases with bed adhesion (which is why I used brims).
Most of the parts with ball-and-socket joints just fit together with a little force. Don't worry about pushing too hard with your fingers The lumbar hinge is a super tight fit into the back (required using the heel of my hand the ridge of a table, and a bit of force), but turns nice and smooth once it is in place. The chest and lumbar hinges are just PLA filament in the same color as the waist sections, soldered flat against the sides of the waist. The same goes for the hands: use filament in the same color as the forearms. The shoulders are also the same, using filament the same color as the chest. The same soldering treatment is applied to the ankle pins once they are pushed through the legs, so printing them in the same color as the legs is a good idea.
I used standard, cheap acrylic paints with a clear acrylic spray overcoat on everything but the titan master's face (turns out that material is choice for absorbing paint). I also took a page from toy restoration sites and used clear nail polish to tighten up joints that get loose over time (or start that way, in the case of the feet).
This was designed exclusively in TinkerCAD. I went through quite a few iterations of the torso bit, settling on the option that was both the most solid and required the fewest pieces to get the desired result.