CR-10 Heavy Duty Modular E3D V6 Mount
I have started a Shapeways shop where you can get these parts printed. I have special versions of the V6 mount designed for Aluminium. At the moment the shop doesn't have much as I'm still setting it up. It's also expensive to get aluminum prints but its an option for those who want it parts that will survive in an enclosure. If no one uses it i will get rid of it. Im just testing the idea out
This is a mount for the V6 hot-end by E3D that is stronger and more rigid than some of the mounts that are out there. This mount also comes with an array of possible options for any extra functionality as attachments on the sides.
The minimum you will need to print out is the body and one of the faceplates. There are a variety of wings for different combinations, additions and customizations.
NOTE: Only left side parts are in the library of wings. To print a wing for the right side simply mirror the part in your slicer.
- 5015 fan mount
- ABL (18mm thread). Offset X:(+/-) 41.5mm / Y:0
- 5015 fan & ABL (18mm thread). Do not use on left side. Offset X: -63mm / Y:0
- 5015 fan & ABL alt (18mm thread). Offset X:(+/-) 63mm / Y:12mm
- BLTouch mount. Offset X: (+/-) 33.265 mm / Y: -1.00 mm
- BLTouch & 5015 fan mount. Offset X: (+/-) 58.565 mm / Y: -11.00 mm
- 30mm heatsink fan mount
- 40mm heatsink fan mount
Based on the V6 mount by graham01
and the dual 5015 fan mod by RebelRousingProps
I found some issues with the V6 mount file, also missing was support for dual 5015 fans and an ABL sensor so decided to make my own. I've also made my own library of parts.
If you would like to use a 40mm heatsink fan and don't want to use the integrated ones I've made. Then you can use this part https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:929326 which works great with this mount.
special shout out to Chris Ragucci who helped me test these parts and provide feedback.
- Fixed the 5015 fan wings. correct measurements, centred with hot-end
- ABL sensor mount also centred, ie Y offset = 0
- Minor improvements to Mount body
- Optimised wings to not need as many supports (needs new body)
- Created new body with better mounting to x-carriage and updated wing rails
- NEW PART: 30mm fan mount (40mm version to come soon)
- Fixed a minor issue with the face plate
- Optimised the V6 30mm heatsink fan mount faceplate
- NEW PART: 40mm heatsink fan mount faceplate
- Removed logo (wouldnt print correctly)
- Updated 40mm fan mount - shouldn't blow air on to heat block (needs testing)
Update 6 (major update)
- added holes back to the rear of the body for more compatibility
- resized holes for nuts, made them tighter as they were too loose and not being held correctly
- fixed clearance tolerance for heat sink, it now goes in tight without having to be forced in
- Added logo for e3D and V6 to face place to help with orientation during assembly. Fan mount version didn't require it but added for consistency
- NEW FILE: Added new STEP file of the wing base so people can create their own wings
- NEW PART: new version of the 5015 fan mount with ABL. ABL mount has been moved forward 12mm. this is mainly because the origianl ver, when used on the left side, hits the gantry
- NEW PART: V6 Volcano mount (needs testing). fully compatible with all wing modules, covers and heatsink fan mounts
- NEW PART: New mount for BLTouch (might do fan combo later). Note that the BLTouch sits in the arm as per the image. This so the sensor sits at the height indicated by the spec and leaves enough room for the screw that secures the moudule to the body
- NEW PART: V6 mount designed for aluminium casting. Such as shown in these Youtube vids
Update 10 - 4th Oct 17
- Reworked all the parts, cleaned them up
- Improved vertical position in rails
- Fan duct has been updated to blow air more on that part than the nozzle
Update 10.5 - 5th Oct 17
- Fixed some oversights and minor improvements
- ADDED: new and improved casting versions
Update 11 - 31st Oct 17
- NEW PART: LED bracket mount - attaches to fans
- NEW PART: 5015 fan mount with BLTouch (3rd Nov)
- UPDATE: 40mm Fan mount - added more material
- REMOVED: Aluminium loss casting mounts - people incorrectly using them
- All parts now have version numbers, As of now starting at V1
Update 12 - 3rd Nov 2017
- UPDATED: all 5015 fan ducts now blow air lower and away from the nozzle
- NEW PART: 5015 fan mount with BLTouch (updated with fix 6th nov)
Update 13 (in progress )- 18th Nov 2018
- UPDATED: all new parts have a v1.2 in the file name and need feedback. once they have been tested and confirmed i will remove old files.
- added more depth to mounting holes for x-carriage
- added more vertical range to all wings
- adjusted bltouch height and re-endofced it for strength
- blower angle changed to avoid nozzle temp errors
- m3 nut holes changed for a tighter fit
- PENDING: remove redundant part
Most parts can be printed with the above settings. For orientation please look a the screen shot in the gallery.
The only part that needs support is the main body that attaches to the x-carriage.
Attach the wing of your choice to the body
- 1x M3 Nyloc nut
- 1x M3 12mm screw
The wings are adjustable in height (11mm total) and should never go past the tip of the hotend. Place the nut down the holes in the body and secure the wing using a screw from the side of the wing
1a. 5015 wing - Attach the Fan
- 1x M3 20mm screw
- 1x M3 Nyloc nut
You can drop the nut through the top part of the mount and then slide into the nut shaped hole. lineup the fan and secure with the 20mm screw.
1b. ABL wing
Follow the instructions of your ABL. Take note of which side your sensor is, the offset settings are
- 5015 ABL wing: X:63.00 mm Y:0
- 5015 ABL wing alt: X:63.00 mm Y:12
- ABL only wing: X:41.50 mm Y:0
Attach the body to the x-carriage
These need to be put in place before you mount the body to the x-carriage. Then use the existing screws to screw the body in place. NOTE The stock screws that come with the hotend and x-carriage might not be the best quality. It's optional to replace these. To do so you'll need:
- 2x M3 6mm screws
- 1x M3 20mm screw
Attach the front plate
- 2x M3 30mm screws
- Fan mount 4x M3 16mm+ screws (came with V6)
Insert the top part of the V6 heatsink and attach the front plate to the body with the screws. these should screw into the nuts you placed in the back of the body.
If you're attaching a fan mount, you can use the screws that came with the V6 fan, but you may need longer ones depending on how thick your fan is. Note that these screws have a drilling tread that grips the plastic