A very effective dust shoe for Ø65 routers similar to Makita RT0700 series and Katsu 101748.
Since these routers are air cooled and blows air towards the work piece, dust will be spread all around the workshop. This dust shoe has been made with air reflectors (the two pipes on the side) to lead the air to one side.
Vacuum hose connection: 41mm (OD), 35mm (ID)
The dust shoe was made by Norwegian Creators (https://www.norwegiancreations.com/2014/08/an-open-source-cnc-dust-shoe/) and I have done the following changes:
- splitted the dust shoe in two so that it is possible to change tool without removing the whole dust shoe.
- made "pockets" for 5mmx3mm magnets
- rounded off some of the corners on the bottom part so that skirt can more easily follow its contours.
- also included some branding on top.
The following hardware is needed:
- M3 bolt, 25mm and nut
- 8 off 5mmx3mm magnets (strong type)
- Material for skirt
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
23.august: It took a some time to print and but I noticed when it came out that it needs another bolt on the lower part where the two deflector pipes goes out from the center split. This can be fixed by drilling through it and put a bolt there. I will update the model this weekend.