Hello and welcome to the openBulletFeeder (OBF) project!
Please read the thing instructions below!
HELP can be found here! Thanks to my friends from castboolits and gunloads.com
SAMPLE CONFIGURATION FOR 9MM LUGER
- bf_v2_base_WH120_xxxxxxx depending on the motor you want to use
COLLATOR PLATE GENERATOR
You need a certain caliber? No problem! Use the "collator plate generator", or send me a PM with the bullet dimensions!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COLLATOR PLATE GENERATOR
Nose down conversion also available.
The dimensions for the base plate are:
174.0 x 158.0 x 120.0 mm (6.85 x 6.22 x 4.72 inches)
Videos of working bullet feeder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKOazdQeQUE (GERMAN by wiederladerTV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcexVJtPXY (ENGLISH by wiederladerTV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CygyptPQXH0 (.45 Ares SWC by Ralf Sziegoleit)
https://youtu.be/pcq-4FwjZZU (by razorfish)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKWYAgOTz58 (by tekhobbycap)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO8HuW9l8MQ (by Lordneeoo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC6CLgIVkRo (by Lordneeoo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTjlmzJLz0 (Nose down conversion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH80AcEvQGM (Light barrier)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dol5EOtG-M (by Konni68)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7NmrRRnwqQ (Lee Loadmaster by Gerry Gallegos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syLJeknYN1k (by RobertNL)
https://youtu.be/k2uG26YifGU (by John Morris)
- ET-ZGMP38 (MBF)
- IGARASHI 33G-312 12v
- UXCELL centric 31mm
- UXCELL offcentric 31mm
- CHANCS TYC-50
A lot of very useful 3D printable parts for the bullet feeder. I really appreciate it! Thank you all!
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/0q44g0hYK2o (Dillon Super 1050 mount by wjbirm)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3002958 (manual collator drive)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3353972 (Dillon Case Feeder mount by yamadog)
- added CHANCS TYC-50 motor
- cleaned up collator generator scad file
- added Dillon Super 1050 mount from wjbirm to "thing details"
- added Uxcell 31mm offcentric version
- added new higher spring housings (bf_v2_spring_housing_small_v2.stl, bf_v2_spring_housing_large_v2.stl)
- added screw-on drop hole plug for second hole (nose down usage)
- rerendered all drop tubes to a higher resolution
- added clamp function to all drop tubes
- decreased bullet window size
- added a 7.5mm version
- added drop tube adapters for Hornady and RCBS dies
- added UXCELL 31mm base plate
- added hornady feeder die adapter for drop tubes
- added ATP nose down split v4
- added dillon rod mount for 120mm wall height
- added new spring housing designs
- added two pictures how to attach the spring to the housing
- added LED light barrier spring coupler for large and small spring (with clamp fix)
- REMOVED 90mm wall height version
- redesigned drop hole
- added new high resolution bases
- added new large spring housings 11-13 mm ID with clamp holes
- added new small spring housings 6-10 mm ID with clamp holes
- uploaded a .50 collator plate
- added drop tube (normal switch, big switch and light barrier) 10 mm ID for RCBS feed tip
- added clamp option to new large spring housing
- added new spring housing for large spring without cone head (thanks, mark!)
- added two new ATPs for bigger calibers (normal version and double slide version)
- added big switch drop tube in 7 and 8 mm ID
- added double slide ATP
- added solid spring housing for self milling/drilling
- added a new base plate with 120 mm wall height. All parts are compatible, except the mounts. There are new ones available. Parts related to the 120 mm wall height base plate are marked as WH120.
- added 6 different spring housings (10-15 mm) for different types of springs or PETG/copper tubes
- added some pictures of the "bolt mount"
- changed counterbore for MBF base plates
- shortened the base of the "bolt mount" and "hang mounts" a bit, to prevent interfering with MBF motor.
- redesigned variable hang mount
- redesigned hang mount
- added a new bolt through mount, you just need a simple bold a hole in your casefeeder and your bulletfeeder wall and you are done.
- redesigned MBF base plate (no change in function), just added a few round corners and edges
- redesigned electronic mounts
- resized drop hole plug for nose down conversion
- made the wall slot of the hangmounts a bit higher and wider.
- rerendered the collator plates again. .45 ACP problem is solved now. The 9mm was OK and does not need to be reprinted. Sorry for this.
- added flipper with spring notch
- added flipper v2 for nose down operations. that flipper will not interfere with the nose down drop hole
- code cleanup and update for collator generator to version 1.0.3
- enlarged the switch window of the drop tube big switch version
- updated base plates:
-- enlarged diameter of screw head holes
-- changed drop tube hole position
- added a 3/4 inch square mount option
- added drop tubes for bigger switches (Mouser 540-E22-85HX) ID 9 to 13 mm
- added 13mm (ID) drop tubes for light barrier and micro switch (large spring)
- changed the rifle collator plates in height from 15 to 18 mm
- added NOSE DOWN ONLY base plate MBF
- added working video of nose down conversion
- changed the collator plates of the pistol calibers to 13mm height
- added a solid nose down ATP. You can mill it down as you like it. :)
- added a solid ATP.
- addded another nose down ATP with a more flattened angle
- added electronic housing + mount (left and right side)
- added baseflip option to nose down ATP (needs to be tested). Thanks to Charles and Tony!
- added drop hole plug for nose down conversion
- added bigger rod mount
- added 7-9 mm (ID) drop tubes for light barrier and micro switch (small spring)
- added 10-12mm (ID) drop tubes for light barrier and micro switch (large spring)
- added new drop tubes (light barrier and microswitch) for "Mr. Bulletfeeder die" (large spring). Inner diameter 10mm
- reduced shaft diameter to 8 mm for all bullet plates
- new version of "collator plate generator"
- updated "Mr. Bulletfeeder Motor" baseplate to hopefully correct measurements for motor
- updated scad-File
- added "Mr. Bulletfeeder Motor" baseplate (needs to be verified!)
- added "nose-down-conversion" adjustable turning plate
- updated SCAD-file droptube hole for .45 ACP droptube
- updated base_plate STL-files
- updated drop tubes to new diameter of base_plate
- Added drop tube for micro switch (type Hartmann MBF5B) for .45 ACP or smaller
- Added drop tube for light barrier for .45 ACP or smaller
- Added drop tube for light barrier for .45 ACP or smaller without mounting options for electronics
- Added base plate for Uxcell 12V DC Micro Gearbox (OFF CENTER VERSION)
- Added base plate for Uxcell 12V DC Micro Gearbox
- Added base plate for JGY370 motor
- Added 5.56 / .223 collator plate
- Added .45 ACP collator plate
- Modified flipper
- Added drop tube for light barrier
- scad-File updated
- Modified base plate walls
- Added base plate mounting holes
- Updated flipper for larger bullets
- scad-File updated
- Added collator plate for .308 Win and 30-06
- Added drop tube for micro switch (type Hartmann MBF5B)
- Added fix hole for drop tube in base plate
- scad-File updated
- Added a mounting option
- scad-File updated
0,15 mm or higher resolution
Support depends on the part.
Base and collator plates can be printed without support.
Layer Height 0.2 or less
Shell thickness .8 for Wall and bottom/top
Infill Density 40-50% for base
Infill Density 80% or more für collator plates
Wall Count: 4
Generate support: off
build plate adhesion type: brim
brim width: 6 mm or 8 mm
Recommended filament temp for PLA - see spool
Recommended bed temp for PLA is 65-70 °C.
speed: depends on printer and used material