I don't know if this is truly a derivative, as it was designed from scratch. But I did get inspired by aubenc's tiny planetary gear set ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23030 ), so credit where credit is due :)
It was printed on A PP3DP UP!
EDIT: I previously wrote that the reduction ratio was 12.7:1. That is actually not true. The correct ratio is 3.33:1 pr. stage and 37:1 at the output shaft.
I designed it to show the capabilities of the UP! compared to the 20 times more expensive Dimension uPrint we also have at the institute.
It also shows our students that they can try out mechanical models designed in Solidworks without calculating in the rediculous material cost of the uPrint.
EDIT: I've added a ZIP file of all the components.... don't know why I didn't do this right away.... d'oh!
The settings used on the UP! are:
.3mm z resolution
4 layer surface depth
Most of the parts snap together fairly easily, but the square shaft is a pretty tight fit in the sun gear.
To make the lid easier to get on and off sand the surface of the pins on the lid with some 80 grit sandpaper.
The grip of the handle should rotate freely with the support removed