I very much liked the original stabilizer bar design but I didn't need space for LEDs and I found the bar a bit too thin and flexible for my liking so I decided to beef it up a bit as I didn't fell it really added any real support.
I thickened up the bar first but then decided to do the same with the small bracket as well to make it match.
It was labeled as an x-axis stabilizer bar but now it's more for both Z and X but you need to use other parts to be printed and bought, like LM6UU bearings.
Please note this bar can really only be printed on the 4DM Brutus bed and it has to be positioned diagonally on the bed, but it fits fine that way (see notes below about that).
Ok, printing this is tricky as I made the tolerances very tight.
I should note my resolution is .05,.1,.15 etc and not standard MPselect settings.
You can print this at a lower resolution but you will have more cleanup to do, I made it so it fits tightly and if it's low resolution it won't be as accurate, I would recommend close to the highest resolution for less cleanup.
Supports yes, just touching build plate is fine, there really isn't much to support, just two small sections, one on each piece.
When printing the bar, lie it down flat and diagonally on the bed, you're printing it upside down really, it will be L shaped essentially.
As far as infill, I would do 100% on the small piece or close to it for the small tab to be sturdy.
The main bar section can be 20%, I did 20% and it's fine, very little give, in fact I printed it both at 100% and 20% and they seem almost the same in terms of flexibility, very sturdy.
I should also note to NOT use more than 10 lines for the brim as this size already really pushes the limit of the bed size. I noticed if I go over 10 lines the printer tries to print off the bed at the back, but 10 or less it's fine, at least on my printer and how it's setup.
Yes there will be some clean up.
Screw holes will need cleaned out most likely, but just a little in my experience.
Depending on the resolution you printed at there may be quite a bit of clean up and fixing where the two sections come together to join them.
The part on the bar where the supports touched will need cleaned out well or it won't go together correctly.
DO NOT force the pieces together or the thin tab will break and you'll have to print that piece again. (that's why I have the parts in separate STL files)
I am working on a better connection system for this, just need a bit more time and a few more test prints and it should be ready to go.