This lets me mount my iPhone (with Speck case attached) to my tripod for time-lapse photography.
Update: Use the iPod_Tripod_Mount3 file - I shortened the legs and beefed up the frame on the bottom a bit to prevent breakage. I also rotated it into the correct orientation for printing.
1) If you're using the original iPod Tripod Mount2 file, rotate the part... sorry I modeled it laying down. If you rotate it so the legs point upwards, you shouldn't need to apply supports.
2) Print the part. Be sure to go slow on the bridging and apply some cooling technique (fan or go slow) on the legs.
3) Insert a 1/4-20 nut. It should be pretty snug.
4) Screw the part onto a tripod.
5) Slide your iPhone in - NOTE: I designed this to work with my Speck case attached, so it will be a sloppy fit if you just use a bare iPhone.
6) Loop a rubber band over the phone, using the "ears" on the part to secure it.
7) Enjoy your iPhone on a tripod!