iPhone Tripod Mount
by haasebert, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This lets me mount my iPhone (with Speck case attached) to my tripod for time-lapse photography.
Update: Use the iPod_Tripod_Mount3 file - I shortened the legs and beefed up the frame on the bottom a bit to prevent breakage. I also rotated it into the correct orientation for printing.
1) If you're using the original iPod Tripod Mount2 file, rotate the part... sorry I modeled it laying down. If you rotate it so the legs point upwards, you shouldn't need to apply supports.
2) Print the part. Be sure to go slow on the bridging and apply some cooling technique (fan or go slow) on the legs.
3) Insert a 1/4-20 nut. It should be pretty snug.
4) Screw the part onto a tripod.
5) Slide your iPhone in - NOTE: I designed this to work with my Speck case attached, so it will be a sloppy fit if you just use a bare iPhone.
6) Loop a rubber band over the phone, using the "ears" on the part to secure it.
7) Enjoy your iPhone on a tripod!
Tools & Utilities Apps
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
iPhone Tripod Mount by haasebert is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving haasebert a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure haasebert would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).