Settlers of Catan
by lominsky, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A 3D printable Settlers of Catan board with interlocking pieces.
- Print out one of each of the number discs
- Print out 18 resource tiles: 3 Brick, 3 Rock, 4 Sheep, 4 Tree, and 4 Wheat (I used red, black, white, green, and yellow respectively)
- Print out 9 Ports, 5 of the same colors as the 5 resources, and 4 others representing the 3 for 1 ports (I used blue)
- Print out a desert (I tried to make it orange but it came out pink)
When printing out the tiles and the ports, make sure you print them in the same directions.
I printed the number discs with the number facing down to give it a smoother finish on top.
I got new colors using this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11742
For the numbers I tried to use this: http://blog.makezine.com/2011/02/23/engraved-plastic-black-crayon-high-contrast-panels/ but it didn't really work. I ended up shaving off pieces of crayons, carefully placing them in the indents using tweezers, and then putting it in an oven to finish them. It's not a process I would recommend.
Here are my final results: http://imgur.com/a/oPcsq/all#0
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Settlers of Catan by lominsky is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving lominsky a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure lominsky would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).