Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Mini P6*6 Pinhole Camera Keyring
by schlem, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I made this from the original source files for the P6*6 120 Film Pinhole Camera. It is scaled at 25% of actual size and I'll be handing them out as give-away swag at the 2014 Seattle Mini Maker Faire, March 23 & 23, 2014.
If you look closely at the prints, you can discern the tiny knurling at the sides and on the shutter extension!
Some concessions have been made to print this so small:
- First, all interior voids have been filled - sadly, It won't make photographic exposures!
- The rear surface has been sliced flush to facilitate printing in one piece with a minimum of support. (this is the first design I have ever published that really requires support to print properly.)
- There is a hole that pierces the mini P6*6, so that you can look at the world through a "pinhole" ...albeit a large pinhole. While it won't actually take pictures, I made a picture through it:
- No moving parts for the ultimate in reliability!
- Lastly, there is a handy keyring attachment loop, so that you will always have a pinhole camera at the ready! Indeed, you can shoot photos through the "pinhole" (see the vignette of my toes).
I added the Knurled Surface Library V2 by aubenc as a source. Pardon the oversight.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license. This license applies only to the files and documents available for download from the Thing Files section of this Thing.
All other related content (photographs, videos, and verbiage such as contained in "Description" or "Instructions" ) are excluded from this license. with all rights reserved, unless specifically available for download This notice constitutes a clarification, not a change, to licensing for this design.
I printed this at 0.25mm with 2 layers top and bottom, 2 perimeters, and 20% infill. During slicing, I got a seemingly-trivial non-manifold error, and Slic3r 0.9.10b seemed to fix it without difficulty.
It prints quickly, and some clever cooling tricks might improve your results - I had some warping issues until I delayed the fan from turning on at 6 layers. If you print multiple mini P6*6's at the same time, the cooling issues disappear as there is time for the separate objects to solidify a bit before the next layer is extruded.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Mini P6*6 Pinhole Camera Keyring by schlem is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving schlem a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure schlem would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).