This is a redesign of the stock PP3DP "wind barrier" for the up 3D printer.
Features (compared with stock):
- fully closed design without the option to guide air down on the part (prevent leaking air)
- air guide included which conducts the air over the cooling fins of the extruder cooler (enhanced cooling capabilities)
- increased cross section of the exhaust
- replaces stock without any further modifications necessary
- If you intend to print PLA parts this design might not satisfy your needs because a certain amount of cooling air is needed to cool the print (better raft removal, avoid filament draw)
- does not prevent air from leaking through the triangular shaped holes on both sides of the wind barrier (please use: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:253694)
Please note: This design might be partially (upper part and mounts) identical with the part of PP3DP but please take into consideration that I designed this part to be an replacement for the existing one without any further needs for modifications. It is neither an attempt to copy the design for my own profit nor a related with PP3DP. Install and use this part on your own risk.
Please refer to pictures, orientation of the STL file may not be suitable for an efficient printing.