Complete redesign of our universal Wade with some Improvements.
Should fit all Printer with 50mm Mounting holes ( V9 Hotend only testet on uniX-Carriage and Orca)
Thanks to Daniel for ideas and testing :)
- 1,75mm and 3mm Filament Support
- compatible with J-Head/Groovemount/Reprapfab/Geeksbase/Mendelparts V9/10 and probably alot of other Hotends
- Lots of mounting holes - back to only 50mm default mounting holes
I made a Prusa uniX-Carriage for test purpose http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25600
- Minor Fixes and print optimization (v 1.1)
- Fanholder for direct mount on Extruder
- new V9 Inset, mount like shown on the picture, no Metal plate needed anymore !!!
Shoppinglist Main parts:
1x M8x50/60mm hobbed bolt
5x M8 washer
2x M8 Nut
1x 8x20mm bolt (or a cutoff of a M8 bolt) for the Idler
2x M4x60mm screw
2x M4 washer
2x M4 Nut
2x spring for Wade (~ 5mm diameter and 10mm lenth, depending on its strengh)
3x 608 bearing
3x M3x30 screw (one for the idler two for the inset)
3x M3 washer
4x M3 nut
1x M3 worm screw (?)
4x M3x10mm Screw (for Stepper mounting)
2x M4 Nylock nut`s for mounting the wade
2x M4 Screw , lenght depending on the Carriage you are using.
Additional parts for Mendel-Parts V9 / V10:
1x 28x32x2mm thick metal plate, cut and drilled to fit into the printed "carrierplate" and then drill the holes
1x M6 brassnut
2x M4 Nylock nut
2x M4x15 screw
For 1,75mm filament printing you need a brasstube with d=2,4mm / D=3mm
Print all Extruder parts and the Inset of your Hotend.
there are two version of the insets, one with 16,7mm for well tuned printer, and one with 16,4mm for not so well tuned printer ;)
*I Uploaded pictures to show how it is assembled (would take me too long to write all down, sorry guy`s)
- the metal plate is only required for V9/V10 hotend, but give also stability with other hotends.
*For Reprapfab/Geeksbase Hotend you need to rasp the screws square and press them (from left to right) tight to the hotend when mounting.
the important corner is on the upside of the hotend (Pictures show only the lower side !)
* For Mendel-Parts Hotend on uniX-Carriage you have to make a small iron(or steel) plate (28x34x2mm).
-Print the "carriertemplate.stl" and put the plate into it to mark where the holes should be drilled at.
Make the middle hole about 7mm and the outer 4,5mm.
additinal pictures can be found here: http://imageshack.us/g/6/unixwade15.jpg/