Featured In These YouTube Videos:
Pulling 1000LBS: https://youtu.be/sKt5I0eQGXQ
Lifting People: https://youtu.be/_YGWThvtV08
Also Appearing in: https://youtu.be/pmw5CzfBBiU
- I suggest that you try printing one of my other smaller gearsets before attempting to print this one because of the fact that it takes nearly a full spool of plastic to complete. If you have good luck and all the clearances seem right on a smaller gearbox of mine it's more likely that you will not have to print this one twice.
- These gears have almost no clearance, which is perfect for robotics applications where backlash is bad, because you can spin it at high speed until it wears in and spins nicely, but in applications where backlash doesn't matter, or if your printer isn't perfectly calibrated it would be very smart to use horizontal expansion of (-.1) or (-.2)
- Scaling individual gears will not provide any additional clearances, for reasons that are very hard to explain.
- I've never tried it! might work though!
- Completely insane, beats the 160:1 by a long shot
- Mine broke at 166.6 FT-LBS with 1,000 LBS 2" off center
- This Design is NOT compatible with any of my previous designs in any way, Sorry!
How This Works
- If you're using the included mounting apparatus, and mounting the gearbox with a rod through the 7/8" holes in the mounts, then rings #1 and #3 will be held stationary, and ring #2 will be the output.
If you were to design a custom mount for this and it held Ring gear #2 stationary, then ring gears #1 and #3 would be the output, and it would be wise to interconnect them with whatever you are mounting this in. If you do that the gear ratio will no longer be exactly 149.33:1
- 149.33 Turns of the input sun gear will result in ring gear #2 making one full rotation.
- This gearbox can not be back-driven, every piece of plastic on it will snap before you get the input to turn. I will test it very soon.
- Ten 125mm long 8mm diameter linear rods
- For the mounting apparatus you need 4.5mm BB's for a BB gun (about 156 of em)if you wish to put load on this gearbox
149.33:1 to 1
Other Important Info:
Show Your Work!
- Make a "make" and show everyone what you made! (make? :0) Everyone will thank you for it!
For More Cool Projects and Upgrades, Don't forget to Follow Me on Thingiverse and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
Gear Down For What?
For all Nylon X Parts
Nozzle Temp 260
Bed Temp 70
.18 Layer Height
For Planets, Ring Gears, & Sun #2 100% infill
For Sun #1 and #3: 20% Infill 1.6mm wall thickness
PLA 207 deg
Nozzle size .8mm
Layer height .25
Wall thickness 4 *.8mm
Top bottom thickness 1.5
Infill density 20% Cubic subdivision