by oskitone, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Oh, nothing fancy, just an analog square wave synthesizer...
- Monophonic: Only one note at a time can be played. This is opposed to “polyphonic,” where multiple simultaneous notes can be played.
- Analog: There are no computers, microcontrollers, sound samplers, or anything digital involved. The sound you hear is the sound of a speaker being abused by discrete electronic components like capacitors and resistors and logic chips.
- Square-wave: When its output is viewed on an oscilloscope, its wave resembles a square. It’s a “hard” sounding wave type, great for bass lines, and commonly associated with chiptune music and old video games.
I print everything at .2mm layer height by default.
To get multiple colors, insert color change GCODE at the recommended color change depth. (Assumes .2mm and allows extra room to minimize errant stringing problems, but you should verify in your slicing software before sending to printer.)
|Part||Supports||Infill||Color change depth|
|Bottom||Build plate only||Normal (20%)||n/a|
|Hinge parts||No||Normal (20%)||n/a|
|OKAY text hold-in||No||Normal (20%)||n/a|
|Key plungers||No||Normal (20%)||n/a|
|OKAY text||No||Light (5%)||9.8|
- Clean up strings
- Cut or melt away any stringing. Be careful not to scratch dark filament underneath text embossing
- Enclosure bottom
- Break built-in bridge supports from each PCB post with a small screwdriver or other stabby object
- Cut built-in bridge support from bottom to expose shaft cavity
- One knob has a hole in its side. This is a cavity for the brass threaded insert, which you’ll lock into place by inserting with a hot soldering iron
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
OKAY Synth by oskitone is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving oskitone a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure oskitone would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).