So the factory cooling fan location and functionality was badly thought out and pretty pathetic (being polite)
After dialing in the printer just right and getting the print speeds cranked up I was getting overheating of the mosfets on long print runs, so i decided to check another mod off my 'To do' list.
'Complete Case v23' is just for thingiview purposes!
- Its a multi part print to shorten printing time,
- All parts interlock and require gluing,
- The 'Bottom' panel has a larger cutout to allow for the usb and power connecter to run through.
- The usb requires plugging in before mounting the board as it is snug against the bottom panel to stop me from inadvertently working it loose because i'm forever unplugging the printer from my laptop!
- The control board needs to have the plastic stand-offs removed and then remounts directly onto the base plate.
- I used 25mm M3's, nuts & washers to mount the board and case in its original location. You can use shorter screws but thats all i had laying around.
- Dont use a washer on the bottom right mounting hole (board side) as it will short on the 2 smd leds just above the hole!
- I designed the case extra deep to allow for 40x40x20mm fans to be fitted, however i came across a spare 40x40x10mm so used that along with the original cooling fan!
- The 'Front' panel doubles as your cable tidy area and has a load of slots allowing for a liberal use of cable ties.
- I had run out of steam by the time i got to "how to attach the lid"... My apologies, this leaves something to be desired!
I had originally intended to just use some very short M3's and screw directly into the end panels, but because it is a very close tolerance i found that the clips friction fit nice and tight with no issues! (mines been on 2 months now and still hasn't moved with both fans permanently on!)
- Although i used some previously printed grilles on mine, I have also included my fan grille design, i'd recommend printing that in 0.1mm layer height!
- I have included the f3d & iges files, so please feel free to tweak and add your own input to this design!
Whilst this is not a re-work there was some initial inspiration from Lukie80's case design (namely the honeycomb design vents and the cutout style base plate to shorten printing time a little!)
Printed in PLA,
0.2mm Layer height (0.3mm first layer)
0.8mm Wall/Shell thickness