I've had my eye on Hybryda's excellent Darth Vader bust and I decided once I got my CR-10 to print it full size. Then I thought, I wonder if I can hollow it out? So I did.
I've broken it up into pieces, you'll see the mask is in one piece, but I've also cut the chin off to make it easier to print the mask and chin separately. There are 2 options for the back of the mask, the full back of the head and just the lower half. Since the back is covered in the helmet done, you can decide which you want to use.
The helmet dome itself is broken up into four pieces for the flared section and the top of the dome is a single piece. I have updated the dome top piece. It will use more material and take longer to print, but it should work better.
I have just uploaded the tusk model. I haven't printed it yet, I may need to drill the holes bigger, will let you know. I have left the gaps in the mask and chin vents in place o make it easier to print, just cut them out with a Dremel and back with some diamond shaped grill to finish the look.
I have printed all the pieces (currently printing the top of the dome, its going to take a while). They all printed well, I still need to play around with the settings on my CR-10, but its done a pretty good job, but will need a lot of sanding and filling.
I will post more photos over the next couple of weeks and I get more done on it.
Thanks again Hybryda for the amazing model.
Printed in eSun black PLA