LED Christmas - I was looking for a simple LED lit Christmas tree that operates similar to tealights, however without switches or the need to solder wires to an LED or CR2032H battery. In short, print it, build it and enjoy it. Oh, and check "LIKE" in Thingiverse :-)
• Print the tree stand using red PLA 20% Fill.
• Print the tree using glow in the dark PLA 12% Fill.
• Purchase a slow color changing LED (3mm 20mA 3V – 3.2V)
• Purchase a CR2032H Battery
• After removing support structures from the tree stand insert the battery into the slot in the back of the stand (Positive facing Right and Negative facing Left). Push the battery all the way into the stand.
• Push the LED into the tree trunk so that the top of the LED slightly protrudes the other end of the trunk. (The longer lead on the LED should go to the positive side of the battery see photos).
• Bend the LED leads over the trunk.
• The tree can only be inserted into the stand one way (look for the key on the tree trunk and stand). Line them up and push the tree trunk into the stand.
Presto you have a color changing LED lit tree ready for Christmas!
Note: there is a small hole in the front of the stand. Use a paperclip to push the battery out and replace when necessary. Remove the tree from the stand to turn it off.
So here is the challenge –
Everyone should print at least one tree and display your tree or forest of trees on every site that allows you to upload photos. Display them everywhere, your house, the internet. Give them to friends that may not have a 3D printer. It would be great to see these little trees across social media, lets light it up.
Please let me know if you like this design and most of all “ENJOY”!
Note: The metric versions are now available for download. (12/16/2017).