e3d v6 mount for the Tronxy X5s.
Please note I made a mistake buying the idlers I have as they are made for 9mm belts, hence why they don't actually look aligned in my pictures. They do align though using the stock bearing sandwich, or proper GT2 idler pulleys.
- Mounts at 4 places for stability and stength (original hotend m3 holes, and the 2 top wheel holes)
- Aligns the 2 angled belts, which is very important for stress relief and accuracy.
- Integrated X end-stop mounting
Please note, if you have already snipped your belts, they probably won't be long enough to use the belt aligner part, since they need to be about 40mm longer to wrap around the aligners. However, if you haven't already, you should definitely consider getting some proper GT2 fiber reinforced belts.
Print all parts as already oriented with no supports. You will need 2x 'tronxy x5s bellt aligner wheel'
You will need;
2x M3x6mm bolts (for bottom mounting)
2x M4x30 bolts (for belt aligner mounting)
2x M4 nuts (preferably nyloc) (for belt aligner mounting)
2x M3 nuts (preferably nyloc) (for e3d v6 mounting)
2x M3x30 bolts (for e3d v6 mounting)
'MAIN PART' refers to the stl file 'tronxy x5s e3d v6 mtg + belt aligner''
'CAP' refers to the stl file 'tronxy x5s e3d v6 mtg cap'
'ALIGNER' refers to the stl file 'tronxy x5s bellt aligner wheel'
1) Remove everything from the carriage (except belts), and take the x end stop off the acrylic plate (but keep the screws)
2) If your belts have at least another 50mm after the ziptie, just trim the ziptie off the BOTTOM LEFT and TOP RIGHT belt. Otherwise you would need to install some new belts, in which case do not put zipties on the BOTTOM LEFT and TOP RIGHT belts.
3) remove the 2 M3 hex spacers
4) Remove the top 2 wheels
5) Insert the M3 nuts into the back of the MAIN PART, make sure they are pushed all the way down and level
6) Hold the MAIN PART in place on the carriage, put the M5 wheel bolts back through and screw in place on the gantry
7) screw the M3x6mm bolts in at the bottom
8) Insert E3d-v6, push the M3x30 bolts through the CAP, and bolt onto the MAIN PART
9) Push the ALIGNERS in place, so that the BOTTOM LEFT and TOP RIGHT belts wrap around them
10) Push the M4x30 bolts up through the bottom of the MAIN PART, through the ALIGNERS and out the top, screw the M4 nuts on top and tighten them up nicely.
10) Pull the belts tight and finish them off with a zip tie. (You should do with your steppers mounted as forward as possible, so you can tension the belts after)
11) Screw x endstop in the provided holes with the original screws
For my mega gantry brackets see: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2594291
For my micro cooling fan duct see: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2469775