Loading
Woody2552

Iron Throne Flat Brick Base

by Woody2552 Oct 21, 2017
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

Made this on a cr-10 mini. My third print. Very happy with the results.

It looks good! I'm grateful for the original guys file, but it took me many more tries than just 3. Eventually I gave up and chopped the base.

Really? When I said third print I meant third item printed after couple test prints. I got this Iron Throne print like this first try. Only issue was a little bit of stringing which I cleaned up with a quick blast from a heat gun. I used latest cura with .15 mm layer height and 205/60 for temps. PLA was Inland - gray 1.75. I wonder why you had the issue? I used glue stick over tape over glass, adhesion was perfect with a raft. If I printed again would use 190/60 for temps to reduce stringing.

First few fails were bed adhesion. At least 6 of those. Then twice the nozzle jammed. This was with my first filament Prusa sent me (It's since been used up and I haven't had problems since). Twice I had software failures with ponterface. There might have been more failures, but I can't remember exactly what they are.

The bed adhesion problem was solved with this file I uploaded. All I did was cut the bottom flat. The original had a rocky bottom (this file is a derivative of an original), which makes the print much more difficult since it needs support and is just a waste since no one sees the bottom.

I think I could print this again consistently.

I actually made mine for a girl I was dating, so I bought a heat gun specially for this project. She ended up breaking up with me before I could even give the print to her, but the heat gun is still useful.