This is a followup to:
Lack Attack#2: LACK Attack #2: Casterate the Lack:
without further adieu....
Attack 3: KOOPLA THE LACK
Next thing was to find a good way to mount a power bar on the Lack...
Ever since I picked up a couple of koopla power bars with built in usb power (for my octopi) I knew i'd put it on the stack...
I noticed first that the power bar appeared to be built to mount in a track (a lack track?) but searched for anything at Ikea that it clipped into without luck.
Apparently, its built to slid/snap into a SIGNUM shelf mount which apparently like the deeper cabinets isn't available in Canada... (Come on Ikea! What gives? give us the good bits lol...).
Searching Thingiverse I found lots of Koppla mounts, but they all hooked the ends, nothing used the built in track mount, so I modeled the powerbar, then got to work...
I initially thought of building it based on the lack stack adapter and sliding it onto a leg, but then opted to go with a 3m tape based mount which would stick to the underside of the printer level. I opted to include screw holes but haven't used them, I'll save that for when I decide the best place to mount it.
I also went back and finished the initial design to slide up a leg and mount that way, although I haven't printed it I'm 99% sure it'll be just fine, if you go that route please let me know how it turns out, if there are issues I'll adjust it asap.
As always, comments are greatly appreciated, in this case direction and pitfalls to watch for are also appreciated, If you've been here done this and have a better way please let me know.
LACK Attack #4: Enclose the Lack (aka Quiet The Lack Stack)
Printed in white NGEN, 240C nozzle, 85C bed.
I printed these as oriented in the STL's.
The walls are fairly thick, I used 10% infill which caused surface bumps, if I printed them again I'd probably go with 0%, they're strong enough as is with only 2 walls.
V1 - I printed with a 2mm brim, not sure if it was needed, but didn't want the parts printed on edge to break off the build plate.
V2 - I haven't printed, it was actually the first I designed but I decided to go another way. It should print fine without any brim/extras, let me know if you run into any issues
Build & Assembly Notes:
Print either version x2, pop them off,
slide the mounts onto the powerbar,
Slide the V2 adapters onto the leg of your choice, OR;
put 2 strips of double stick tape on each mount and stick it where you want, OR;
grab some screws, pre-drill and screw it in place.
Not much harder than that....