I know so many people have already made this, but I just really wanted to create it myself and print it out on my CR-10 knowing I could print the whole handle in one print. I printed the hammer head on my work 3D Printer, Makergear M2 because it's just WAY faster. Enjoy!
I added the .STL of the handle split in half for printers with a smaller height then the CR-10. I also put a hold in the middle for a Wooden dowel (3/4" diameter and roughly 10.6" long) to glue in and hopefully make it more stable. Let me know what you think!
Def needs support on the handle, and I made the support "Max Overhang Angle" either 60-70 degrees for the hammer head. (Simplify3D)
Quick Step by Step:
- Glued the hammer together
- Filled in any and all gaps with wood filler.
- Used Rust-Oleum SandableFiller Primer to get it even smoother
- Sanded the CRAP out of it with 400 grit.
- Sprayed with a metallic silver
- Rubbed black shoe polish all over and then wiped it off almost immediately after. give it a great metal look!
- Hand painted the "leather" part of the handle with a brown acrylic paint. That was fun...
- Got a long leather strap at a Hobby Lobby near by and sewed it together while attached to the hammer, so it ain't movin!
Created this on 3DS Max a while back and felt like it was off scale so I remade it. Took some ideas from other peoples models (esp ChaosCoreTech, thank you for your great inspiring work!)